Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A little update

Hello to all my avid readers. I have been remiss in my writing but I promise to end on a nice long high note. So just hold on to your pants until then.

For now I'm just going to tell you that I have had some of the most amazing experiences of my life, met some of the most incredible people, eaten by far the best food of my life, and overall just felt that I have been blessed with far more than I deserve. I have come to realize that life is not easy for anyone, that pain and sorrow fill so many peoples' lives. And while I have certainly not had the easiest of years, I have a loving family, a wonderful community, a strong education, and so much more than so many people in this world can dream of having. Traveling has at once made me want to hug everyone I know and thank them for what they have given me, and at the same time made me want to cry in despair at the pain and hatred that can be found no matter how far I roam. I have learned so much about myself, and I have only begun to learn about the world I call home. Basically what I am saying is that you should prepare yourselves for a really long blog post. Or two.

I will be home ever so soon and I hope to see as many of you as possible before heading off on my next adventure.
Much love,
Renana



Me checking out the view from the gardens in the Alhambra Palace in Granada.


The absolutely adorable daughter of one of the Moroccan villagers we had lunch with on my four day immersion program.


Me, John, Linda, and Lanie on the roof of the Alhambra


The streets of Chefchouen, Morocco.


The beautiful henna designs our host-sister drew for us in Morocco

No comments:

Post a Comment